Scar Free Foundation Electives are worth up to £1,200 and support research projects focussed on wound healing, scarring, and disfiguring conditions.
The awards provide students with the opportunity to broaden their perception and experience of research, during a 4–8-week supervised period in one of the following disciplines:
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Burn medicine and care
- Hand surgery
- Craniofacial care and treatment
Electives are offered in conjunction with 4 of our Principal Member Organisations.
- The British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- The British Burn Association
- The British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- The Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland
We are most grateful to them for their continued support in the scheme.
In 2022, we are offering a total of 4 Electives for projects taking place in the UK and Ireland only.
The Electives are competitive and are externally assessed by expert Reviewers who look for rigour in research, quality supervision and the potential impact on the student’s future career. Previous recipients of our funding have gone on to undertake further research training, PhD’s and some have become NIHR Clinical Academic Fellows.